The Winnie Shawl
This pattern has been designed with beginners in mind. It is ideal for perfecting an even tension and confidence with garter stitch.
You will need:
- 5mm needles (I prefer a circular needle as the shawl becomes very wide towards the end).
- 100g of sock weight yarn (this pattern would work just as well with any weight of yarn. Just adjust the needle size accordingly).
- Tapestry needle for weaving in the ends.
- Cast on three stitches using your preferred method.
- Slip 1, knit front and back of next stitch, knit 1.
- Slip 1, kfb, knit to end.
- S1, kfb, k to end.
Continue until you have almost used almost all of your yarn then cast off using the method of your choice ensuring that your edge is nice and stretchy.